Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Fun Things

I typically experience a post Ironman let down. You feel incredible when you're crossing the finish line, only to hardly be able to stand let alone walk 20 seconds later :)  It's still hard to walk for the next few days, you have cankles and people tire quickly of hearing about your race. This year was different, I had a few awesome surprises in store for me!

I had the top female amateur swim time at Ironman Lake Placid (for finishers), so I won the TYR swim prize. When I first spoke to the TYR rep, he said I was getting a set of the Convoy Luggage bags (I assumed the two suitcases) and a sleeveless wetsuit. While super appreciative, I didn't have a wetsuit so I was thrilled when they agreed to let me upgrade the Category 5 Wetsuit to the sleeved version and pay the difference. 
TYR Hurricane Wetsuit & T-Shirts
What I didn't realize until I ordered was I got the FULL SET of convoy bags including the transition and rucksack bags.  Since I didn't have a transition bag either, this is AWESOME.  Thank you TYR. I will now be going to Kona in style and have plenty of room to pack all my stuff.

TYR Convoy Set
While my shelf was already overflowing with Powerbar products, I really needed some Protein bars, Ironman Perform and Energy Blasts, so I got on the Powerbar Team Elite site and ordered a few things (I like the feeling of Christmas I get every time I receive a package from Powerbar). I've used the Energy Blasts on four long rides and I absolutely love them. The Cola Blasts are like having a mid-ride cola without actually stopping for one and gummy bears have always been my favorite candy, so it's a WIN WIN.  I will be well fueled for my next few weeks (and then some) of training.. . I've told myself I won't order anything unless I'm out of something I plan on using for Kona. Let's see how long that lasts.

Thank you Powerbar

And the biggest news is I got a new job with an OFFICE! I've worked for Valley Health Systems for the past two years as a Senior Financial Analyst for the physician management group. Right before I left for Placid, the Corporate Accountant position for Valley Health came open, so I nervously applied and hoped for the best.  Lucky for me, they told me soon after my interview that the job was mine. My effective transfer date is September 4th. Until then, I'm doing dual roles, but I got to move into my new office. No, I swear, I'm not Ironman obsessed.  I didn't hang all six posters, just three :)

My Office
And since I typically post mostly triathlon training babble, Kona is SIX weeks away - YAHOO! Ironman Canada Ironman Louisville were this past weekend, and I'm the most pumped today I've been all year to race. I've had some incredible long runs (for me), hit a power number I've never hit on a long ride two weekends ago and have managed to get in some good swims between all the thunderstorms. All in all, I'm getting excited for round three of Kona and am hoping this is the year I will RUN the marathon.

 

2 comments:

Libby said...

Yea!!!! So much excitement! Congrats on the swim prem, that's a massively amazing prize from tyr!!! Hell yea!! So excited about your job and office! Love the posters- first thing I hung up when I had an office too. Excited to hear more about your new job and even more excited Kona is right around the corner!!!

Katie said...

Holy crap that is a lot of TYR bags! I need to figure out how to be first out of the water! :)

Post a Comment