Last week was a typical week for me. Pretty much two workouts each day except my Tuesday rest day. Why Tuesday? Because I'm in Rotary and it's really hard to fit in morning workouts, go to work, then go to my 6 pm rotary meetings. Something had to give.
Although my volume isn't huge yet, I had my fun filled day of VO2 work on Wednesday, which always makes me cringe. I almost dipped into the sub 6 pace on my 3 minute run intervals, so I'm slowly making some running progress. Thursday I had a great conversation with my coach after work, then spent some quality time on my bike trainer doing intervals. I thought my bike seat had moved during these intervals, but I obviously forgot until half-way through my ride on Sunday.
Saturday was a fun day. We spent the morning running out in the country again and I really am pleased with the progress I'm making running. Ignoring the fact I'm running a good 20-30 seconds faster now on most runs with lower heart rates, I'm having much more fun and thanks to Powerbar I'm figuring out how to fuel better. I'm a huge fan of the Kona gel and the Harvest bars are great post-run for recovery :) We spent the evening at Hunger Games - fun!
![]() |
| Enjoying the view |
Sunday we set out around 11 on one of my typical riding loops. Chris isn't a huge fan of the loop because it only has about 2500 ft. of climb over 83 miles, but it's great prep for Eagleman in June. Over the years I've had some strong men to ride with, but riding with Chris is an entirely different story. Solid four hours of effort just over my last year's avg. Ironman watts, polished off with a 15 minute transition run that will definitely be a speed outlier for me. YES. Sorry no pictures, but I essentially stared at Chris's backside for four hours.
This weekend we're running the Charlottesville half marathon. The race is at 6:30, so hopefully I can talk Chris into post-race brunch :) Happy Tuesday!
!doctype>




2 comments:
Best of luck in your half marathon this weekend!!! Sounds like a PR-crushing kind of day with your awesome run progress of late! Have a blast! :)
that's an adorable picture! good luck this weekend, sounds like you are ready to crush it!
Post a Comment