Turning 29 turned out to be unexpectedly the best birthday in a very long time. I have to admit, I've dreaded this birthday for weeks because it meant I was one year away from the big 3-0. And with being the youngest of all my friends, I know I'm in for it next year. However, for now, I'm thankful for the wonderful friends and family I have in my life.
I got to work on Friday morning to have my cubicle decorated and cards from every department in my office suite. Definitely a fun way to start the day and got to enjoy lunch out with corporate finance at Chipotle.
 |
| Decorations galore! |
Chris picked me up from work at 3 and we quickly hit the road for Williamsburg since we had dinner reservations at one of my favorite places,
The Trellis. The Trellis was always my choice when my parents came to visit me at William and Mary. Dinner was absolutely delicious and although The Trellis is really known for their Death by Chocolate dessert, I couldn't resist the White Chocolate Truffles. Totally delicious and worth every calorie!!
Saturday started off a little rocky. My nephew, Preston, and I share the same birthday and I was feeling stressed figuring out how to fit in a long ride / short transition run in AND make it to the party at 3:30. When you're not familiar with the area, it's not easy to do a long ride quickly. But Chris and I did our best, and with the exception of a few navigation issues, got in a fun and hot 90 mile ride topped off with a 15 in T-run at my goal pace for E'Man.
 |
| Bike pit stop |
Quick change and we were off to refuel and head to the party. Preston had a bounce house for his party, so our recovery started with some bouncing and chasing Preston around. I had to wait until after the party to give Preston his present - his first bike! - but watching him ride down the street was worth it. I just hope we can get him off training wheels quickly.
 |
| First spin on the new bike! |
 |
| Kona is definitely in his future |
We were up early on Sunday for our long run and were not so excited with the prospect of running in 55 degrees and a heavy storm. But, the treadmill is not going to help my running form, so I headed out with Chris having a few planned excuses in my head in case I wanted to turn back early. Instead, I surprised myself and had probably the best 16+ mile long run I've ever done. This year I'm lucky enough to be on
Powerbar Team Elite and I think my new focus on fueling is paying off huge. I had 3 gels during the run and instead of dying at the end, I ran strong to the hotel.
 |
| First long run in the rain! |
Quick stop at my sister's to say goodbye and we were headed home to celebrate my birthday with my parents who once again, got me some awesome gifts and we had a wonderful bottle of Stags Leap with dinner :) What a weekend!
6 comments:
happy Birthday chicka!!!!
Happy Birthday Katie! Sounds like it was a good one!
Happy birthday! It sounds like you had a wonderful day. I'm super impressed that you ran outside on Sunday. It was absurd weather!
And your birthday fun continues on Saturday! :)
those truffles look AMAZING! happy birthday friend!
what a great birthday weekend! happy late birthday chick- I know the feeling, I'm savoring my last few weeks of my 20's here and a little scared of the big day myself. Can't wait to see you dominate eagleman, looks like training has been super solid! way to get it done in tough conditions, sometimes the wko's we fear most (either because of the wko or the conditions) end up being our very best ones! miss you!!
Post a Comment