QT2
I've been coached by Tim Snow of QT2 Systems for a little over six months, and after an eight week run focus, we started back to a more balanced approach in early January. Training is very different than years past, but I'm really enjoying it. I'm challenged almost daily, but my body keeps producing workouts that are better than any previous workout, so I feel satisfied that things are going well and stay excited for what's coming next. Tim Snow is a great coach and I really can't say enough good things about him. He's more than a coach, which is integral for any athlete / coach relationship to work.
This past weekend was my third and final 5K. I consistently ran low 19s this year, which is a two minute improvement over what I ran last year. Very gratifying to finally see some major run improvement. Now if it would only warm up a little bit!
![]() |
| One of my many snow runs! |
For the second straight year, I'll be on the Snapple National Team. We have a great group of sponsors and my favorite hydration product, Osmo, has teamed up with Snapple this year. I used Osmo last year and had a breakthrough year, so I'm excited to continue using the product going forward. I started using the Women's line after Kona and the Mango flavor is light & tasty, and the Acute Recovery leaves me feeling strong and ready to tackle the next set of workouts. Thanks to Jesse and Tim, I now understand the importance of training my gut and follow my fueling plan during all my workouts. You can learn more about that here.
Wedding Planning
Chris leaves for Mason, Ohio in March for four months, so we've been very busy planning our wedding. I am fortunate to have the guidance of many friends that are already married, so we are slowly but surely tackling the big items. The wedding is set for November 1st, and if everything aligns, are honeymoon will be in Western Australia the second and third week in December. And yes, there may be an ironman planned during that time :)
Our very generous friends threw us a wonderful engagement party at Valerie Hill Winery, which is a night we will always remember. We are so blessed.
![]() |
| Family shot |
That's all for now!
!doctype>





2 comments:
Hooray, you are back to blogging! :) I love that you guys are planning a honeymoon around an Ironman. You are perfect for each other! Can't wait to follow along with another kickass year of training!
I don't have your email address, so I'm back here...but wanted to let you know that I've decided on and entered the MCM Historic Half, so I will see you there! :) I'm excited! Have you run it before? Is it really downhill until the halfway point?? That seems awesome.
Post a Comment