I couldn't run for at least two more weeks, and with that, my first race of the season, Eagleman, was out of the question and Challenge Atlantic City seemed unlikely.
I allowed myself to be sad for one hour at work. The door to my office was closed, and I pounded away on the keyboard with month-end entries.
After that, I reframed my mindset and started plotting my comeback.
I could use this continued time off from running as an opportunity to focus on my biking and swimming. I could learn to ride my bike in aero while I'm on the trainer. I can try to find some of that lost speed in the pool. I can become the queen of pool running, and use the disappointment of not racing as fuel to make me work even harder at the things I can do.
Tim and I decided the risk of racing Atlantic City was not worth the potential reward (deep prize purse for pros), so I signed up for one of my favorite races: Ironman Lake Placid. It's a team event for QT2, so I will see friendly faces all over the course. It's a hillier course, which is good for me.
And most exciting, with my new bike scheduled for delivery on 6/16 (thank you Team Poppy Fest 2014), I'll be racing Ironman Lake Placid on my new Orbea Ordu GLT. I'm so grateful for the support of Tri360 through 2015, and look forward to working with their fitter to getting this bike perfectly dialed in for me.
Tim and I decided the risk of racing Atlantic City was not worth the potential reward (deep prize purse for pros), so I signed up for one of my favorite races: Ironman Lake Placid. It's a team event for QT2, so I will see friendly faces all over the course. It's a hillier course, which is good for me.
![]() |
| Finishing Lap One, Ironman Lake Placid 2012 |
!doctype>






5 comments:
Great attitude! You will be back! :)) Stronger even!!!!
Way to see the silver lining. Sounds like you and the pool will be great for each other!
You are amazing Katie! You're such an inspiration to me!! Hope you heal quickly!
Bummer! Injury is all part of the process sometimes, unfortunately. It seems like you are being smart and have a lot to look forward to. I know you'll be back stronger than ever!
And thanks for the blog post… you need to do more of these. :)
Love your positive attitude, Katie, and can't wait to see you crush Placid! The blog redesigned looks great, too! :)
Post a Comment