Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Three Days to Go!

The past five months have been a period of many highs and many lows for me.  It started out great! On a whim, I decided to run the Apple Blossom 10k this year.  Obviously I was trained, but I had gone out dancing the night before until 1 am and I hadn't really eaten dinner. Not ideal race preparations and very unlike me. During race warm ups, I met Chris who ran the 10K with Erik and me to sub 45s :) I'll definitely be thinking of Chris during the last 10k of Ironman Hawaii.

Friday Cheers
Then I had probably the most stressful four months of my adult life due to a difficult work situation (now resolved). I worked five years in public accounting before making the transition to the private sector and I would take tax season over those four months any day!  Luckily, I have an awesome A team and those months were capped off by an AWESOME five days in Louisville, KY with my parents, Chris, Jen and Erik :)

Ironman Louisville was an amazing day. I knew I was ready for a great race, but the work stress had left me emotionally drained and I actually asked myself during the swim (yes, the swim!) why I was doing this. I was able to refocus, drop 28 minutes off of my Ironman PR and finish as 2nd overall amateur and 1st in my AG.
Finish Line at Ironman Lou, PR 10:26
In three days I leave for Kona for my second shot at Ironman Hawaii. Last year I felt like I didn't belong and was a nervous wreck.  This year, I am beyond excited and ready to RACE :)  One thing for certain, I will not be walking in all my marathon pictures this year!!!

Time to rest.  And pack - YIKES!

0 comments:

Post a Comment