Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Kona!

I feel so blessed to be here!  LOVE Kona!  Especially since Winchester is apparently chilly this week :)

Sunday was a rather full day of training, but Monday started out right with a nice ocean swim with an incredible group of women doing the race on Saturday.  I almost always swim alone, so it was awesome to swim with a motivating and fast group of women!  Afterwards I finally went to the famed Lava Java with Beth and Libby.  Fun times was had by all and The Sadler was absolutely delicious!

Lava Java - Beth, Libby and Me.
I spent the rest of the day doing work, but lord knows I'll freak myself out if I think about race day non-stop.  And besides, accounting is really exciting work, right?!!

Tuesday morning my Dad and I headed out early.  After a quick stop to talk to the kind guys of TYR who convinced me my suit was fine (WHEW!), we headed out to Hawi. Dad dropped me off at mile 12 and I promptly got off my bike two minutes later. Darn crosswinds scare the crap out of me!  I regrouped, got back on the bike and rode the whole way up and eventually started enjoying myself.  I kept telling myself to relax (thanks Coach!) & to put a lot of pressure on the pedals (thanks Beth!).  And even more surprising, I stayed in aero the whole way down and never touched the brakes.  HUGE confidence booster!

Today I tested out a new bike, the Quintana Roo CD0.1  Simply amazing. Now I want a new bike :)

T-3 Days!

0 comments:

Post a Comment