The 2012 season started last week! Lindsay had scheduled a few super low key weeks and now we're slowly, but surely building back up. We're focusing on my limiters; running, duh!, but also doing some big gear muscle endurance work on the bike. I can't say I will ever enjoy running as much as swimming or biking, but running outside is a thousand more times pleasant than running on the treadmill.
Yesterday Chris and I headed back up to Skyline drive for another long ride. This time we stopped at Elkwallow for a coffee / hot chocolate, and rode further up to mile 28 before turning around. Chris left me in the dust coming back out of Elkwallow, but overall, I felt stronger this time and more importantly, stayed warm thanks to my toasty shoe covers! It was kinda cool to be riding where there was still snow on the ground and I just had to put my powerbars down my sports bras to unthaw :)
We also went to see The Time last night, which was pretty good. Reminded me of my days of public accounting where we billed in six minute increments.
In other exciting news, Men's Journal is doing an article on CTS and I was asked to speak to the writer about my experience using CTS. It was fun to look back and think how far I've come since August of 2008 when I bought my first road bike. The writer asked me my goals for next year, I just hope those aren't published.
Have a great week!!
Sunday, November 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
!doctype>



0 comments:
Post a Comment