Wednesday, November 2, 2011

First Snow

This past weekend I had big plans for a Saturday long ride outside AND a Halloween party in a costume a little more revealing than I would like. Unfortunately, for the first time in over thirty years, it snowed in October in Winchester.  So instead, I spent my morning on my bike trainer watching the snow fall.
Outside one of my friend's house
It really was beautiful and by evening, the roads were melted enough to head to Jen's party.  Adding black tights to my flash dance costume made me a little more comfortable, as did a generous class of Cabernet Franc from one of our local wineries.

Sunday morning I kept with my running outside promise and hit some back roads I usually avoid.  I ran by a few farms and up hills I would normally walk.  Progress!!!  I have some big goals for 2012 and I'm trying to do things now that will make me successful. 

And with that, I'll leave you with my November goal: eat healthy and stick to Core foods. Five pounds will not make me run or bike up any hills faster.

0 comments:

Post a Comment