Saturday, December 3, 2011

Kona Broadcast!

This has been a rough week for me. For the most part, Thanksgiving down in Williamsburg was a fantastic time.  Chris and I logged plenty of miles, we played with my adorable nephew Preston, I got to catch up with Laura and Alan AND we spent time at Christmastown in Busch Gardens.  Chris even talked me into riding a roller coaster.
Thursday morning we headed out bright and early on the bikes for a tour of Williamsburg.  Alan's group tends to do short sprints, which don't bode well for this Ironman junkie, so I got to get out of my comfort zone.  Funny thing was, I held on much better than I had in previous years and felt STRONG when we finished.  I like it :)

Friday was another early morning out on the bikes, this time down the Colonial Parkway all the way to Historic Yorktown.  FUN :) Unfortunately on the way back, I went over a road seam, wheel got stuck and down I went.  YIKES. Last time I wrecked was when I got hit by a car, so I was determined to play this off like it was no big deal.  I refused medical attention at the scene even though witnesses were trying to call EMT's, surveyed my bike and promptly rode away.  My elbow was screaming and my head felt foggy, but 10 miles later I was back at the hotel feeling a bit defeated.

I rode again on Sunday and besides a sore left foot that I can't figure out (no swelling or bruising), I don't have any lingering issues.  My foot is more of a nuisance, so I'm hoping after a few days of no running, it will be back to normal. 

I've just felt off all week until I saw a post this morning on Twitter for the You Tube preview of the NBC broadcast of Kona. YES :) !!  I LOVE watching the broadcast!

Have a great weekend!  I'm getting ready to go get smashed on the bike. 

1 comments:

Haley Chura said...

Katie! So sorry to hear about your crash, but glad to hear you got right back up and on the bike! Just watched the Kona preview and wanted to cry! What a cool thing we got to be a part of!

Post a Comment