Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Hello 2012!

December flew by, I can't believe we're already one week in to 2012! My stint at being an adjunct professor ended in mid-December, and I think I'm almost fully recovered.  I am still amazed at some of the emails that were sent to me, I think many of them will be in for a rude awakening when they start working. While it was a great experience and a good resume booster, I am very happy to be concentrating on my real job and training this spring :)

While I'm not going to recap 2011, I did have a pretty incredible year on a few fronts:

I have an amazing group of friends both in Winchester and online.  I met some incredible ladies through Twitter and blogging that help when I don't want to get my butt out and train.  My coach has found just the right thing to say when I'm getting discouraged or not liking a workout, and somehow, I have learned to work through them.  Power intervals - YIKES.

Beth, Libby and me at Lava Java - virtual training partners!
I told my coach after Kona in 2010 that I didn't care what it took, I wanted to go back. I also wanted to win my AG at Louisville.  Although my coach changed (Mike went to an awesome new job), both of those goals were checked off the list with major PRs.  Now if I could only learn to run. . .

Queen K

The horrible situation at work resolved, and now, I just spend my days in Microsoft excel reviewing financials, setting targets, creating budgets, etc.  I loved Around the World at age 7  and to this day, my life still revolves around math :)

So what's in store for 2012??

I'm hoping to finally kick my addiction to diet coke.  One or two a day is fine, the amount I was drinking, would be known as disgusting. I am off to a good start and thanks to Lindsay's suggestion, I replaced my diet coke with sparkling water. 

I WILL finally learn to run.  My parents got me some incredible gifts for Christmas, one of which is a trip to the UVA Endurance clinic for a gait analysis.  COOL !!!  They are also getting me a bike fit and new cycling shoes so hopefully I'll be a little more comfortable at mile 90 of an Ironman.

I am doing Ironman Lake Placid this summer.  After three years of Ironman Louisville, I wanted a NEW race and more importantly, an earlier one so I wasn't so fatigued if I'm fortunate enough to make Kona.  Hills are a weakness of mine, so Chris has been very supportive and I've logged as many bike miles this fall as I practically did last summer.  Skyline is a ride favorite.


It's a beautiful day and about time to go log some miles on my bike!  I can't believe it's nearly 50 degrees in January - WOHOO! 

1 comments:

Libby said...

So glad that your extra work commitments have come to an end . As amazing as 2011 was 2012 is going to be even bigger! Cant wait to watch you succeed this year and the feeling is mutual! So thankful for your support and friendship!

Post a Comment