Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Swimming

Ahhh the pool, one of my favorite topics and a true love of mine! My sister joined our local age group team first, and at the age of seven, I went to swim practice with her.  I couldn't even swim a 25 that morning, but I was put into a meet two days later and got 2nd.  I got a ribbon that day, but I was hooked and wanted a trophy. Little did my poor parents know then that they would spend my childhood carting me from practices to meets; I learned a lot about swimming, but more importantly, I had fun.

These days I'm fortunate enough to work across the street from the pool.  I had dreams of swimming everyday during lunch, but that rarely ever works. I can be at my desk within 25 minutes of getting out in the morning, so I have it down to a science (yes, I race at everything). There are a few others members that swim workouts, but only one my speed so I pretty much always swim my workouts alone.  Luckily my current coach from CTS, Lindsay, is pretty darn awesome and keeps the swim workouts creative. 

For my birthday this past year, my parents got me one of the best gifts I could have ever dreamed of, the Swim H20 audio.  I had tried the Finis MP3 player before, but I struggled with both sound clarity and my goggles continually leaking.  So I was cautiously optimistic with the Swim H20. From the first swim, I can tell you, I've had few issues with my goggles leaking, the sound is always perfect, and I no longer feel alone when I swim.  I've gotten in some great workouts and I've learned I can turn the music up and work harder than I used to :)

Sunday was one of those days.  I not only added a swim to my weekly schedule, but I killed it. I like to pretend that some of my blogger friends are in the pool with me to keep me motivated, but yesterday, a man showed up that I've never seen before and boy could he swim.  He kept up with me for my first 25 of a hard 300 and continued to race me for the majority of my hard intervals.  YES.  So fun!  Now I just need to stalk so I can find out his swim schedule.

Happy Swimming!





2 comments:

alyssa said...

I've thought about getting an H20 mp3 player thingy..do you find you forget to pay attention to counting laps more?! lol that's my biggest concern....

Ashley said...

Oh I do miss swimming but I cannot imagine getting in the pool during the winter! You are hardcore girl. When is your next Ironman?

Post a Comment