I will be the first to admit that I'm not very flexible. I have always been obsessed with having a schedule and wasting as little time as possible. This morning was supposed to be a typical Wednesday: Bike Trainer, Work, Swim, Dinner, Reading, Bed. However, 5 minutes into my ride this AM, I discovered my right shifter wouldn't shift. I hopped off my bike figuring I didn't put my bike on the trainer properly, but much to my annoyance that wasn't the case. I got back on figuring I'd do tomorrow's endurance ride, then I remembered I have tempo intervals in tomorrow's run. Running always takes top priority for me, so I realized that wouldn't work either. Nor did I have enough time at that point to switch to my road bike. ARGH, precious schedule ruined.
Normally I'd probably just skip the bike workout and be irritated all day, but today I decided to go ahead and head to the pool. Made it there at 6:30, which meant I had exactly enough time to fit in my swim workout. YES, something finally went right. Swim was good, times are coming down now that my pool has a pace clock again, and even pushed myself on two negative split 400s.
So now, I'll ride my bike tonight and get in both workouts today after all as written. Total win. Now if only I hadn't forgotten my lunch :)
Wednesday, February 15, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
!doctype>



3 comments:
Ahh!! Good stuff. It's all about making it work. Good practice for racing when invariably something goes wrong. ;) Have a great ride tonight and buy something yummy for lunch! :)
oh man, ARGH is right. I would have done this: "skip the bike workout and be irritated all day." :) glad you had a good swim!
I'm totally the same way- its hard to ease off being inflexible! but I pissed off neil so many times blowing up because my garmin was dead and I needed it for heart rate or power etc for a wko... after work I would TOTALLY fly off the handle about not getting my wko in but I'm so learning to ease up and be more flexible. total WIN on the life learning too! oh and forgetting lunch? good excuse to splurge on something yummy :)
Post a Comment