Call me soft, but running in 20 mph winds are not my idea of a good time. Especially when I'm scheduled for a negative split run and mentally the last few long runs have really been a struggle. Don't get me wrong, I'm much further along then I expected to be after not running at all in December, but at the same time, I had huge hopes after Kona to make some solid gains this winter in running.
This morning the hour by hour forecast did not look so pleasant. I may have gotten back in bed after eating my Powerbar this morning and pouted for a bit. Seriously, who wants to run when it feels like 15d in a high wind advisory?? Not me, the treadmill is perfect for days like this. But my better half wanted nothing to do with the treadmill, so I sucked it up and got dressed. Still probably acting like an 8 year old who didn't get her way, but that's besides the point.
Surprisingly, the time went by fairly fast. I wasn't warm by any stretch and there are moments on the run where I'm a bit embarrassed how slow I was running, but I set out and did what I was scheduled to do. Not all workouts are going to be perfect, but I'll always remember Lindsay telling me that the only bad workout is the workout I gave up on.
And now I have a fun workout to go do, 3300 swim that includes 3 x 400 IMs. Thank goodness part of each 100 is kick / drill because this old 200 flyer can probably not even swim a 50 fly anymore :)
Saturday, February 25, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
!doctype>




2 comments:
I'm still working on a 25 fly these days! I'm sure you kicked that swim's ass! I hear you on the winter weather, I don't know how you guys do it. you gotta ignore pace on those days and know that you are getting a serious dose of toughness AND an epic workout. way to get it done! oh and I totally pout too :) sounds super familiar!
doing ANYTHING in 20mph hour winds is not my idea of a good time. you're a badass.
Post a Comment