Sunday, February 24, 2013

2013 Sponsor Update & the Race Schedule

Well, it's been over a month since my last update and I feel like I'm finally getting my race schedule finalized this year, so I felt it was time to go into more detail about the Snapple National Team sponsorship and share my race schedule!  And from the numbers I'm seeing as of late, I may try to squeeze in a bike race (road race, obviously)

I was very fortunate this year to be named to the 2013 Snapple National Team.  We are working with many companies that have products I used before having a sponsorship agreement with them, so I really couldn't be more excited. My first box arrived from Xterra Wetsuits, so I had that Christmas in January feeling :)

The wetsuit has plenty of room for my broad shoulders - YES! 52' @ IMLP this year :)?
I've listed below some of the additional companies we are working with, so you can click on the links to learn more about the companies. And for companies that I have codes to share, I've also included those.

www.clifbar.com

www.mizunousa.com

http://www.louisgarneau.com/lang_select.php

www.nuun.com - Code 2013snappletri (case sensitive) for 30% off

www.finisinc.com - Code snapple for 25% off

www.xterrawetsuits.com - Code c-lyte

www.e-rudy.com - Code snapple for 40% off

www.tunefootwear.com - Code TUNESNAPPLE2013 for $20 off

I've held off for a long time finalizing my race schedule because I have a hard time deciding what I want to do a year in advance. I think a part of me is always scared I'm going to get hurt, and I'm also just slightly indecisive. Luckily I only had to sign up for a few in the summer of 2012 (and those are repeats), so I've had time to debate on the others and add some new, exciting things for 2013.

04.06 -  Charlottesville Half Marathon
04.25 -  Snapple Team Camp
05.05 -  Monticelloman Half Ironman
05.10 & 05.11 - Tour de Skyline
06.09 -  Eagleman (why do I always do this race??? Oh yeah, I want the BIG eagle)
07.28 -  IMLP (this WILL BE ironman marathon redemption)
rest tbd

My major goals for 2012 were to be the top amateur at an Ironman and get on the podium at Ironman Hawaii. I only checked off one of those goals, so hopefully my season will end with a trip to Kona. And with Hines Ward doing Kona, that's extra motivation for this life-long Steeler fan!

Happy Shopping!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

What a great blogpost! Excited to watch you race in 2013!

Jen said...

Awesome news Katie! Congrats to you and I'll see you again at IMLP! This time I am volunteering at the swim - I will be cheering you on from my kayak! Enjoy the training season! jen :)

Post a Comment