For anyone that's done any type of racing, you know that it takes the support of your family and friends to get you to that starting line. I am very blessed to have a huge support network that helps keep me grounded and reminds me what's truly important in life. So, what that, some thank yous:
My parents: In life, your family is one of the few things you can't pick, and luckily I have an incredible family. How many 28 year olds can say they absolutely love to spend time with their parents?! We've had a great week and it was so much fun to share a finish line photo with them. Hopefully I wasn't too unbearable leading up to the race :)
My sister/BIL/Preston: Ironmans are LONG days, no matter how much you love the sport. Nothing makes me smile more than thinking of this group. Go Aunt K-K always brings a smile to my face!
Lindsay: I was less than pleased when I received the news last November that my awesome coach from CTS, Mike Durner, was moving on on a purely selfish perspective. Sure he had an awesome opportunity, but still. . . HOWEVER, Lindsay has been awesome since day 1 and I'm sure I'm not easy to coach :) Training has been spot on, I was fit and ready to race! And I have to admit it was pretty cool to see my old coach out on the race course yesterday.
Chris: I woke up race morning to a super sweet text and that set the tone for the day. So blessed to have this guy in my life.
Jen: Who knew that buying a road bike three years ago would take me down the ironman path or make such an incredible friend. I ALWAYS think of Jen (and her husband-one of my awesome TPs!) out on the course. Thanks for being such a great friend and inspiration.
Yesterday was an amazing day for me, one that I'll happily think and dream about for months to come! I may not have gotten the wooden bowl, but hopefully that will come for me next year and I have something to fuel my fire over the winter :)
Sunday, October 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
!doctype>



0 comments:
Post a Comment